"Learning how to farm is easy, let's begin with the basics." - Game Message
- Main Menu
- Give Gifts: Send gifts to your Game Center friends.(Before Version 1.01)
- Mutations: Opens the Mutation Collection page.
- Quests: Browse all your quests. Quests can help you leveling up faster!
- Farmer: Choose your farmer avatar. Some of them give you extra abilities.
- Help: Read in-game FAQ (Sadly it's not really up to date).
- Save Game: Save manually here.
- Multi tool: It's for clicking items to see their descriptions, or entering the Mausoleum or Storage.
- Move tool: Click 'n drag the item that you want to move. Zombies and soil can't be moved.
- Rotate tool: Most of the items can be rotated.
- Plow tool: Click and drag where you want your new patch of soil to be, then tap to confirm.
- Delete/Sell tool: Click on a zombie, item, or patch of soil that you want to delete or sell.
- Zombies: Enter the Zombie Stats screen.(No longer there)
- Storage: Enter your Storage.(No longer there)
- Market: Will pop up the Market window.(No longer there)
- Plowing: Before planting, you have to plow.
- Planting: You can plant either plants or zombies.
- Harvesting: When your crops are ripen you can harvest them.
- Wilting: It a crop stays too long in the ground, it will wilt.
- Fertilizing: Garden type zombies can fertilize your crops, this means double income when harvesting.
LevelsLevels are a show of how advanced your farmer is.
- for every field you plow and crop you plant, you get XP
- buy items to get XP, expensive items can give you many hundreds of XP
- do some quests to gain additional XP
If you get enough XP, you reach the next level. Leveling up lets you buy better things in the market and opens up new challenges like new enemies.
To see what the XP required for a level is or to see what each new level allows you to do, check out the Levels page.
Fastest ways to gain XP
- Plant fast plants or zombies, if you are short of money
- Buy seasonal items, they give you 1 XP/50 Gold
- In the current version, every other item gives you 1 XP/100 Gold, so there's no best item to choose.
- For more XP you can Plow soil: 1 XP/10 Gold then delete that soil patch. (But you won't get anything except for XP and dosen't work if you have the Plowing Monolith unless you use Insta Plow).
Time & Weather
- "Raaaaaaaain...It's every zombie's favorite weather!"
The message plays on the how close the word "rain" is to "brain", which explains why it is the favorite weather of zombies.
Time is one of the key elements in Zombie Farm, and is a very important part of Basic Gameplay. Time is adjusted by your iDevice's internal clock. Day begins at 5AM and ends at 9:59, Night ranges from 6PM to 4:59AM. Depending on what time it is, your zombies could be running around in the sunlight or creeping around in the dark of night. Day and Night have no effect on anything stat-wise, however, the only effect added with Day and Night is that some items now have a glow effect at night, along with your Farmer having a permanent glow effect on him/her. The Night time feature can be disabled in the Options Menu via the Main Menu.
SavingZombie Farm is designed to auto save when you leave the game, but this doesn't always work, so you can have to replant a field of crops, or even lose a whole field of crops that you already harvested.
So to be on the safe side, it's usually best to manually save by pressing the main menu button (in the top left corner) and press Save Game. This will ensure that you what you see before pressing this button is exactly what you see after you get into your farm next time.
With Version 0.80, Game Center saving is enabled. This means that the game will automatically back-up your game online, allowing you to transfer your Farm to any iDevice with Game Center enabled. The only downside to this is that you MUST be online to save with Game Center. If you plan on going out of a wireless zone for a long period of time, go into your options menu via Main Menu/Options and then turn off Game Center otherwise you will receive MANY "Cannot connect, game was not saved" messages which can result in a game crash.
Game Center is also comes with achievements. Read more.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.